Dialog based application

• 17 years ago

Please, help me! I'm new in Java. I'll apriciate if anybody helps me to create dialog based application. I have a book on Java but there discribed only applets and console applications. I want to create dialog based app and generate exe file.
    Appriciate your help.

• 17 years ago

Dialog based?? I assume you mean graphical windows? In that case you want to start looking into Swing components. This tutorial series on java.sun.com should help you out.

• 17 years ago

No, I ment that main widow should be modal dialog in which user should form request. After that programm should read from database and display in the ListBox results. I've found an example which creates standart window with menu. One item activates the dialog. But Dialog constructor takes parameter Frame. I'll try to create zero sized window and give it as parameter...

• 17 years ago

Thanks for tutorial. It helped me a lot!!!

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“To iterate is human, to recurse divine” - L. Peter Deutsch