USB KEY PROTECTION

• 15 years ago

Hello Everybody...

I have recently heard about USB KEY protection for software piracy....as I am new to this technology, could anyone help me in understanding this. The situation is I have a application developed in VB and want to restrict users. As I have heard, USB KEY is designed in such a way that, anyone who tries to execute the program will require an USB Stick inserted in the USB Drive and those who don't have the stick can't execute it.

Although I am not sure about the working as I have never seen it. Can any body help me in finding the truthfullness of this technology... and help me to design it.

Thanks for your time.

• 15 years ago
    Hi,

It depends what company you went with for your software protection scheme. They'll have their own hardware dongles you should use instaead of a stock "USB KEY" that you can buy from the stores.

heres an article that may explain what they are, how they work and possibly the flaws in most...
    http://www.woodmann.com/crackz/Dongles.htm

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.” - Brian Kernighan