MS Datareport

vb6 Mexico
  • 15 years ago

I am designing a report based on the ms datareport with the following structure:

Client group
      project group
         Detail group
      project footer
    client footer

I am using 5 tables as :

1. Client table (main key CLIENTID)
    2. Project table (PROJECT
    ID, CLIENTID, )
    3. ProjetHours (lPROJECTHOR
    ID,PROJECT ID, PROGRAMMERID)
    4. ProgrammerTable (lPROGRAMMER
    ID)
    5. ProgrammerTarifTable(PROGRAMMER_ID)

The report format is :

CLIENT     : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    PROJECT   : yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Date                 Programmer             Concept             Hours          Tariff         Total Cost

01/01/2006       JARP                       cccccccccc          10:30          $100.00      $1,050.00
    01/02/2006       JARP                       cccccccccc            2:0            $100.00      $200.00
    .....                   MVS                        cccccccccc          1:15            $100.00       $125.00

This section belongs to the footer and should have summary data as follows:

JARP         (full name of JARP)         Total Hours  : 12:30   Tarif : $100.00    Total AMount : $1,250.00
    MVS          ..........................          Total Hours   : 1:15    Tarif : $100.00    Total Amount : $100.00
                                                                          ______________

Totals for Project                                13:45                                                $1,350.00

CLIENT     : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    PROJECT   : yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Date                 Programmer             Concept             Hours          Tariff         Total Cost

01/01/2006       JARP                       cccccccccc           5:0         $100.00      $500
    01/02/2006       JARP                       cccccccccc            2:0            $100.00      $200.00
    .....                   MVS                        cccccccccc          1:15            $100.00       $125.00

This section belongs to the footer and should have summary data as follows:

JARP         (full name of JARP)         Total Hours  : 5:00    Tarif : $100.00    Total AMount : $500.00
    MVS          ..........................          Total Hours   : 1:15    Tarif : $100.00    Total Amount : $100.00
                                                                          ______________

Totals for Project                                6:15                                                $600.00

My Problem

1. I am able to get through the detail section wih no problems but I cannot get the summary sections as stated above. I am able to get summary data in a different report and would like to get it on the same report.

2. In my sql string (which I build dynamically with the SHAPE command) I can get the desired results including
       summary data. I JUST CANNOT get it show on the footer.

3. Is there a way of doing this via code or some control positioned on the footer?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks !

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Better train people and risk they leave – than do nothing and risk they stay.” - Anonymous