Header and Footer in Web page print

asp , css , javascript India
  • 7 years ago

Hi All,

while taking web page print out, I have to print customized header and footer.

Can anybody help me to do this?

Thanks in advance

• 7 years ago

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. but i want to set header and footer dynamically using mso attributes

• 7 years ago

Are you saying you want to dynamically add a header and a footer when someone prints the page? If so you can use the following css code, where the "header" and "footer" divs are invisible unless the page is being printed:

<style type="text/css">#header {visibility: hidden;}

#footer{visibility: hidden;}

@media print {
        #header, #footer {visibility: visible;}
      }

</style>

<div id="header">Header Data Goes Here</div>

<div id="footer">Footer Data Goes Here</div>

If you want to add the header/footer dynamically after the page has loaded so it is visible onscreen try using the JavaScript innerHTML() method.

Hope I could be of any help!

• 6 years ago
    Hi Is there a way through CSS to use different headers between the first page and the rest when printing multiple pages. We can use the attribute display:table-header-group; in the for example to print the same thead on all pages. But can we print different headers? Example: First page: header1 body Second Page: header2 body Third Page: header2 body . . . Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks!

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Most software today is very much like an Egyptian pyramid with millions of bricks piled on top of each other, with no structural integrity, but just done by brute force and thousands of slaves” - Alan Kay