Can you help?

networking Sri Lanka
  • 13 years ago
    Good evening
    Can you help?

I have questions I want a solution all that is needed and I want to respond as soon as possible.

You have just started a job at Network Solution

Company (NSC). This happened to you immediately

after graduation with a BS degree in IT.

The company NSC offers complete network solutions

for small to medium range companies.

You have been assigned to a group that is responsible

for designing the network architecture. This group

has just started the work on a new project.

A Science Museum is intending to extend its wired

network with a wireless network in order to offer new

services for its visitors.

Most museums' visitors are school and university

students.

They usually arrive in groups and have different

interests.

The idea is that instead of having a guide for each

group, laptops are installed inside the museum, so

that the visitors can get any information from them.

For this purpose, the museum has already developed

a web-based application that provides all necessary

information including embedded audio and video

information.

Unfortunately, installing such a network inside the

museum has many constraints.

The museum is located in a building from the 16th

century that is why it is very difficult to install cables

there; moreover the museum building consists of

rooms that are 4x9 meters each.

Within the offices that are attached to the building for 

administrative purposes, a LAN has been installed

and is connected to the internet.

The museum web-based application is already

installed on a web server within the LAN and also

hosted on a web server (www.scienceMuseum.com)

on the internet for public use.

Your group has already developed an idea to tackle

this project.

The idea is to install a wireless network composed of

a wireless access points that are connected to the

wired network and so to the local server that hosts the

museum web-based application.

Your group has identified the need of access points

for wireless LAN as well as for Bluetooth.

The idea is that any visitor who has a PDA or a

mobile Bluetooth enabled can log into the network

and access the museum local web-based application,

browse, listen and watch any information he might

need.

The visitors can also make use of the installed laptops

that access the LAN via their wireless adapters

through the installed access points.

This should minimize the need for cables.

The visitors can use their mobiles to access the

museum web application via GPRS (General Packet

Radio Service),

if their mobiles don't have Bluetooth or WLAN.

After many brainstorming meetings at the group

level, you ended up with the following network

scenario:

Access points will be installed in each room for a

wireless network as well as for Bluetooth.

The access points are connected to the local area

network and so to the web server where the museum

web applications are hosted.

The installed laptops (Centrino technology) will

access the LAN via wireless access points and the

visitors who have PDA, or mobile Bluetooth enabled

will be accessing the LAN via Bluetooth or WLAN

access points.

Between the different rooms there will bridges

installed.

The visitors who have handheld devices like PDA,

mobile phone or both embedded in one device that

are not Bluetooth or WLAN enabled, will be able to

access the museum web-based applications via

GPRS (nowadays most of the GSM providers offer

this kind of service).

As a new group insider, you have been assigned the

task of conduction a research about the wireless

technology that will be used in this project. You are

expected to deliver a report that covers the following

1- WLAN

i- WLAN modes(ad-hoc and infrastructure) and topologies(BSS, IBSS, peer-to-peer

WLAN)

ii- Hot spots (access points)

iii- WLAN devices

a- Wireless network adapter (internal built- in devices such as Intel’s Centrino

technology product, USB, PCI, wireless standard 802.1x).

b- Access points( a distribution point, hub, and bridge)

Access point considerations such as Coverage, placement, network mode.

c- Repeaters

d- Switches

e- Bridges

f- Routers and gateways

g- Antennas type

2- An overview of the WLAN standards 802.11x

3- Bluetooth (standards Class 1, class2)

i- Bluetooth network piconet

ii- Bluetooth access points

4- 3G Cellular wireless, 2.5 G.

5- The standard 802.15 Wireless personal area network(WPAN)  Question 1

Write a report for your group that:

· explains the ‘new’ technologies they might

use to develop their wireless networks such as

WLAN modes(ad-hoc and infrastructure) and

topologies, WLAN devices, WLAN standards

802.11x, Bluetooth (standards Class 1,

class2) including the new generation of

mobile phones and combined PDA devices,

2.5G & 3G cellular wireless, GPRS, Intranet

etc, and outlines any benefits and drawbacks

to using the technology

· Draws your material together to describe how

it might be integrated to offer the new

services for the visitors of the museum.

Describe the network topology, the different

way of accessing the museum web site and

the technology needed for each case.

Your report should be 1200 words long.

State the total number of words you have used at the

end of your answer. If you use any quotations, supply

a list of the references under the heading

‘References’ at the end.

Under the heading ‘Bibliography’ give a list of all the

sources other than course materials that you have

drawn on in your answer but not quoted directly.

You will be penalized if you do not do these three

things.

You will also be penalized if you do not keep closely

within the given word count.   Question 2

Question 1 indicated that you should use the internet

to update your knowledge about some or all of the

technologies in order to write the report. You will no

doubt have done this.

Write a brief account of your search strategy that

· Indicates your successes and problems in the

use of search engine(s) to find relevant

information, and how you overcame the

problems.(provide examples)

· Indicates how you decided which sites were

useful and reliable.(explain & give examples)

· Discuss your experience with some popular

search engines such as AltaVista, Google, and

Yahoo in terms of speed of response, quality

of search results returned etc.

Your account should enable your tutor to assess your

web-searching skills. It should be some 200–300

words long, but there is no penalty associated with

writing more (or less) than this. Question 3

a) Look back over your work in preparing and

writing your answer to Question 1. Identify,

with a few words of explanation:

i. one skill that you have in learning

about technology;

ii. one skill that you personally have in

communicating to others about

technology.

In each case, it should be something that you believe

you were able to draw on in answering Question 1.

(The skills you mention may be either ones you

already had before starting the module or ones you

have acquired through your work with the module.)

b) Also looking back over your work in

preparing and writing your answer to

Question 1, identify with a few words of

explanation:

i. one area where you feel you need to

further develop the skills needed to

learn about technology;

ii. one way in which you feel you need

to further develop skills needed to

communicate to others about

technology. In each case it should be

something that you believe gave you

problems in answering Question1.

c) Select one of the two areas you mention in

part (b) and state how you plan to work

towards improving it in the next part of your

study.  THANX 

\u003ctr\>\u003ctd\>\u003ctable cellspacing\u003d0 cellpadding\u003d0\>\u003ctr\>\u003ctd\>\u003ca target\u003d_blank href\u003d\"/mail/?realattid\u003df_f8i0phmf&attid\u003d0.1&disp\u003dattd&view\u003datt&th\u003d115fdf080ea2de46\"\>\u003cimg width\u003d16 height\u003d16 src\u003d\"/mail/images/doc.gif\"\>\u003c/a\>\u003ctd width\u003d7\>\u003ctd\>\u003cb\>You have just started a job at Network Solution.doc\u003c/b\>\u003cbr\>43K \u003ca target\u003d_blank href\u003d\"/mail/?realattid\u003df_f8i0phmf&attid\u003d0.1&disp\u003dvah&view\u003datt&th\u003d115fdf080ea2de46\"\>عرض بتنسيق HTML\u003c/a\> \u003ca href \u003d\"/mail/?realattid\u003df_f8i0phmf&attid\u003d0.1&disp\u003dattd&view\u003datt&th\u003d115fdf080ea2de46\"\>تنزيل\u003c/a\> \u003c/table\>\u003c/table\>","115fdf080ea2de46"] ] ); //-->

• 13 years ago

• 13 years ago

yes man send me ur email address or add me my email azoury20012hotmail.com

QuestionI:The Museum’s WLAN Our project is to extend the wired network of a Science Museum into a wireless one to offer new services for its visitors. However, the building is from the 16th century which will be very difficult to install cables there, and the rooms are about 4×9 meters each. Moreover, the Museum web application is already installed on a web server located in the administration building attached to the Museum. Therefore, I will present to you some overview of the wireless technology that might be helpful to establish the proper scenario.  The Wireless Local Area Network has two modes, the ad-hoc mode (which allows the devices to communicate directly with each other without the need of any “Wireless-Access-Point” in a peer-to-peer manner) and the infrastructure mode (which supports central connection points for WLAN clients; where “Wireless-Access-Point” is required). The advantage of the infrastructure mode over the ad-hoc mode is that it offers a centralized security management. The disadvantage is the cost to purchase WAPs. Therefore, each wireless communication device on a WLAN infrastructure mode requires to be connected to a Wireless-Access-Point (WAP). The WAP is usually connected to a wired network, as it can also act as a bridge between two wired ones. WAP can communicate with 30 client systems located within a radius of 100 m. However, the range of communication can vary, depending on variables as indoor or outdoor placement. However, network designers can extend the range of WAPs through the use of repeaters, which receives the signal and retransmits it at a higher level or higher power, so that the signal can cover longer distances without degradation. WLAN has three topologies; BSS (Basic Service Set, network extension for wired/wireless LAN infrastructure), IBSS (Independent Basic Service Set, ad-hoc networking between mobile devices) and ESS (Extended Service Set, wireless connectivity between buildings or facilities). The range of Wi-Fi network coverage is called a hot-spot, and any Wi-Fi equipped device that enters a hot-spot can gain access to the network’s services. Hot-Spots operate in two ways; using Open-Public-Network (the access to the network cannot be controlled), or using Close-Public-Network (operators can authorize specific users to access the network). However, each node on a WLAN must have Wireless-Network-Interface-Card. Intel’s Centrino, or any equivalent, technology has Wi-Fi enabled. In other technologies, a Wi-Fi card must be plugged into a PCMIA slot, for notebook computers, but for desktop computers, it must be plugged into a system unit slot, or via a small box connected to a USB port for both. For more security than simply employing usernames and passwords for access, the 802.1x standard package EAP messages (Extensible-Authentication-Protocol) and passes them over WLAN without using Point-to-Point Protocol. Besides, a switch is a device that connects multiple nodes on a LAN, so they can communicate with one another, and controls the flow of traffic between them. In addition, it appears nearly identical to network hubs, but it is more "intelligent”. To connect two similar network, we use bridges, which they transfer data without regard to its format. Bridges are normally used to connect LAN segments within a limited geographic area (local bridges), or within long distance channel (remote bridges). And a wireless LAN bridge can interface an Ethernet network directly to a particular access point. However, to connect two different networks together (e.g. LAN to WAN) we use routers. A router is a device that extracts the destination of the packet it receives, selects the best path, and forwards it to its destination or to another router that’s closer to the packet’s destination. Furthermore, a Gateway is an earlier term for router, which is a network node that serves as an entrance to another network that uses different protocols. Finally, the antennas come in two types, either Omni-directional (radiates equally in all directions), or Directional (radiates more in one direction than in the other). Due to the lowering price of components and development of the 802.11 standards, there has been a large increase in the application of WLAN. There is 802.11a (54Mbps over 5GHz band), 802.11b (11Mbps over 2.4GHz band), and 802.11g (54Mbps over 2.4GHz band). Since the 2.4GHz band is heavily used, using the 5GHz band gives 802.11a a significant advantage. However, the 802.11a signals cannot penetrate as those for 802.11b/g because they are absorbed by solid objects in their path. Additionally, there are three Bluetooth power classes; “Class1” (Allows transmission distance of up to 100 meters), “Class2” (Allows transmission distance of 10 meters), and “Class3” (Allows transmission distance of about 10 cm to 1 meter). Bluetooth devices can interact with one or more other Bluetooth devices. Where, one of the devices acts as the master and the others as slaves. This ad-hoc network is referred to as a “piconet”. Thus, the Bluetooth access point is similar to the wireless one but dedicated to the Bluetooth technology. Bluetooth AP security isn't as much of an issue compared to Wi-Fi, since the range is more limited. GPRS (General-Packet-Radio-Services) offers wireless data access speeds of up to 144 Kbps. GPRS is a 2.5G technology used by GSM operators. The 2.5G provides some of the benefits of 3G (e.g. packet-switched), and some of the existing 2G infrastructure in GSM and CDMA networks. However, the 3G technologies enable network operators to offer users more services while achieving greater network capacity. Typically, the WPAN (Wireless-Personal-Area-Network) uses technologies that permit communication within a very short range. One such technology is Bluetooth, which was used as the basis for a new standard, IEEE 802.15. A WPAN is a wireless network for interconnecting devices centered on an individual person's workspace. And finally, the Intranet is a private network contained within an enterprise. Each visitor will be given a username and password to access the Museum Intranet. And for more security, we will use the 802.1x standard, so the hot-spots will use the Close Public Network. Visitors, who has PDA Wi-Fi enabled, will be connected via the Wireless-Access-Point installed in each room, and who has 2.5G or 3G mobile Bluetooth enabled, will be connected via Class1 Bluetooth-Access-Point installed also in each room, for both types of APs the connection will in a BSS topology. But for who will access the museum web application via GPRS, we must install Omni-directional antennas to give him better reception, despite his location. Finally, users who are supplied with neither of these technologies, there will be laptops, using Centrino technology, placed in each room connected via the Wireless-Access-Points. In general, to connect the wired LAN, from the administration building where the server is located, to the Museum’s WLAN, we will use local bridges, each connected to a different router. But inside the Museum, we will use remote bridges between the different rooms, to circulate the signal wirelessly, where the Wi-Fi and the Bluetooth APs will be connected to each one of them. Moreover, the 802.11g will be the WLAN’s standard, since there will be audio and video information.  Finally, my report has outlined the technologies related to the WLAN, as well as the scenario concerning the Museum’s WLAN. Thus despite of the user’s possession of a wireless technology or not, he will be connected to the Museum web application in one way or another.   Legend:-          The total number of words is: 1,199 words.-          Bibliography: o   The definitions given by www.Google.com.o    www.Wikipedia.com o   www.technicalinfo.net o   www.wirelessdevnet.com o   search.live.como   www.comtechm2m.como   www.networkworld.com   QuestionII:            Since no human can search all the web sites the search engine comes to help. The search engines operate, by comparing the word or phrase entered by the user with the metadata of the web sites. The problem that I’ve encountered is that many links provided were not related to the subject that I was looking for, nor even to the computing environment. So to encounter the problem, I’ve used some techniques to exclude the non related topics; placing the word or phrase inside two double quotations [“”] to enforce the search of the specified word, or to restrict the order of the words in the phrase, and also using the plus word or [+] symbol between the words that are important to me, or the minus word or [-] symbol, to exclude the non desired ones.             First of all, I was only interested with the sites that were related to the computing environment. Then, I’ve skimmed them to see if they offer information reliable to my search or information for marketing purposes. And finally, only those who offer reliable information were accepted by me.            The search engines that I’ve entered are Google, AltaVista, and msn. But Google is my preferred one, since it’s graphically friendlier, more ordered and faster than the others. However, I didn’t like AltaVista’s graphics and the resulted information need to be more ordered and accurate. And also, the msn search engine’s results need to display more information about each link.      QuestionIII:
                                    i.            All the sites that I’ve visited were technical ones, but I haven’t faced any problem with that. And also, I’ve used some of them in my report since it will be addressed to the group, that I’m a member in, which is responsible for designing network architecture.                              ii.            To communicate to others about technology, I’ve used the service of e-mail, where I’ve been sending my sources’ links and some snap shots to my friends who might be interested, and might reply me if something was wrong.   
      1.  The area that I need to further develop my skills in learning about technology is skimming, since I should focus more on the whole idea of the article rather on a particle paragraph or phrase.
      2. To communicate to others about technology, I need to work more on outlining the introduction and conclusion and finding a proper title. Moreover, I’ve eventually written the introduction based on the description of the given project, and in the conclusion I’ve focused on the Museum’s visitor since he is the purpose of the whole idea, and finally I’ve picked the title that highlights what the report is about.

1. Toward improving my skimming area, I should focus more on the first and the last phrases of any paragraph, since these two phrases always indicate the whole idea discussed inside the paragraph.
  • 13 years ago
    if u have any tma from ur freinds send me ok tc bye
  • 13 years ago

Thank you very much for your wonderful with me and where are u from?

The TMA another assist me if I.

I will send the TMAs

• 11 years ago

good and thanx

• 11 years ago

Background: During the last few years, the cellular system becomes one of the popular wireless communication mediums. But in the hot spot region, the use of WLAN is increased due to its high data rate and low installation cost. So there is a requirement for suitable integration technique of 3G/GPRS and WLAN to increase the area of coverage and high data rate. The CancerCare Center (CCC), a government-run network of cancer clinics in the central Canada, there was some pain to be sure. But it was short-term pain for long-term gain, says Director of Information Services. CCC's adventures with wireless LAN technology began over four years ago at a time when the organization was switching to computer-based charting - capturing and storing patient information in a computer database instead of the traditional clipboard-and-paper system. It also moved to equipping staff with laptops, partly because real estate for setting up desktop stations was at a premium in its then cramped facilities. But using laptops also let nurses go where patients were in the clinic to gather information from them, saving time and making life easier for sometimes very ill patients. Setting up a wireless network was simply a next logical step. It meant that nurses could update central patient records in real time over the WLAN as they gathered the data. CCC runs four cancer clinics, as well as 17 remote outpatient clinics across the province. It installed a first-generation 1-Mbps wireless LAN from Netwave Technologies Inc. in the main facility and eventually the remote clinics as well. "We like using wireless in the [remote] clinics too," explains Director of Information Services. "The nurses can go from exam room to exam room and they don't have to worry about unplugging, plugging in again, rebooting. It was better for the patients and faster and more accurate for us." The 1-Mbps network worked "reasonably well" for awhile, but as more staff began using the system, it started to slow down. "Nurses would be sitting beside a patient for five minutes waiting for screens to display,". Part of the problem was the charting application CCC was running. Because of the way it configured server and client parts of the program, network traffic was unnecessarily heavy. Besides the speed problems, it became difficult to get additional hardware for new network nodes. Netwave had been acquired by Bay Networks almost immediately after CCC installed the first networks. So 24 months ago, CCC decided to upgrade to a standards-based 11-Mbps network. director of information services was able to cost justify the 11-Mbps network on time savings alone. "We figured the nurses would be saving 5 to 10 minutes per patient [over the old 1-Mbps system]," he explains. "Each one sees a dozen to 30 patients a day. So they saved an hour to an hour and a half every day. Plus, from our perspective [the new network] was easier to maintain." CCC considered four vendors, including 3Com, the eventual winner, Lucent (now Avaya) and Cisco. The selection methods were interesting. Information Service group tested all contenders on ease of set up since it planned to manage the implementation itself. They ordered starter kits for each and tried to set them up out of the box on newly re-imaged laptops. The Lucent system, a front-runner, wouldn't work out of the box. It took two days for CCC to get the information from Lucent's technical support people that it needed to resolve the problem. The 3Com system was easiest to set up. CCC also did methodical range and throughput testing. 3Com came out on top again, maintaining an 8-Mbps link up to 127 feet from an access point. The other systems barely made it over 100 feet. 3Com technology met the crucial prerequisite of allowing CCC to link access points together to provide roaming capability. Not that it was the only one offering this capability, but it was an important requirement because it means nurses and doctors don't have to reconnect as they move from one network cell to another. CCC learned from the earlier implementation. It did a more careful and methodical analysis before deciding on placement of network access points. As a result it avoided coverage problems encountered the first time. There were still glitches. They forgot power outlets for the access point servers and had to run power to each node after the fact. They could only work at night because of the risk of dust contaminating medical equipment, so outsourced installation costs - including for electrics - were doubled. The roaming capability didn't work at first, though 3Com was able to solve that problem quickly. It required only a small software adjustment. CCC initially installed 12 nodes in its central facility in the capital, which is in the midst of a major, long-term re-build. With only 30 laptop users, contention and speed are not a problem at all for now. It has also installed 11-Mbps wireless networks in five of its other facilities, and hopes to have all of the rest upgraded within a year to two years. Costs have come down since CCC started its implementation. At the time, with installation, it came to about $1,250 for one node and five wireless network cards. As the renovation of CCC's main facility is completed and old and new sections set up for wireless, the network will expand. The user load will probably also increase. Director of Information Services hopes to develop a new system that will allow doctors, who currently don't carry laptops, to get key bits of patient information on wirelessly connected devices - probably touch-screen tablet computers from NEC - while they're doing their rounds. If things get uts way, they'll also be able to write up prescriptions online too. "I want to be able to do it [write prescriptions] so much faster with the [tablets] that when a patient walks out of the exam room, the script is already on the printer [in the office]," he says. Director of Information Services and CCC continue to push the envelope on WLAN technology. His own department is currently running voice over IP on the wired portion of the network for Help desk applications. It's now looking at extending IP voice to the wireless net. One possibility is setting up doctors and nurses to receive emergency calls on headset-equipped laptops and tablet PCs. What's next? Video over wireless, of course. The provincial government recently launched an ambitious tele-health program featuring satellite links for video conferencing. CCC doctors in main facility are now piloting video conferencing for doing follow-up visits with patients in outlying centers. But they currently have to take time out of their busy rounds and go next door to a special video conferencing room. Director of Information Services has a plan to solve that little inconvenience. If video conferencing pans out as a useful tool, CCC will create a wirelessly connected video conferencing terminal on a wheeled cart. If a doctor needs to do a conference with a remote patient, he/she can wheel it into an unused exam room, connect wirelessly using standards-based H.323 IP video and do the examination right in the main clinic. You have been assigned the task of conduction a research about the wireless technology that will be used in this project. You are expected to deliver a report that covers at least 2 of the following technologies: 1- WLAN i- WLAN modes(ad-hoc and infrastructure) and topologies(BSS, IBSS, peer-to-peer WLAN) ii- Hot spots (access points) iii- WLAN devices a- Wireless network adapter (internal built- in devices such as Intel’s Centrino technology product, USB, PCI, wireless standard 802.1x). b- Access points( a distribution point, hub, and bridge) Access point considerations such as Coverage, placement, network mode. c- Switches d- Routers and gateways e- Antennas type 2- An overview of the WLAN standards 802.11x 3- Bluetooth (standards Class 1, class2) i- Bluetooth network piconet ii- Bluetooth access points 4- 4G Cellular wireless, 3G, 2.5G. 5- The standard 802.15 Wireless personal area network(WPAN) This will be your first task and you should try to give your best to prove your quality.

Question 1 (35 marks) Write a report for CCC that: • explains the ‘new’ technologies they might use to develop their wireless networks such as WLAN modes(ad-hoc and infrastructure) and topologies, WLAN devices, WLAN standards 802.11x, Bluetooth (standards Class 1, class2) including the new generation of mobile phones and combined PDA devices, 2.5G, 3G & 4G cellular wireless, GPRS, Intranet etc, and outlines any benefits and drawbacks to using the technology. • draws your material together to describe how it might be integrated in the day-to-day work of the clinic. They may choose to do this in different ways but note the way it has been described in the ‘Background’ brief. Your report should be 1000 words long. State the total number of words you have used at the end of your answer. If you use any quotations, supply a list of the references under the heading ‘References’ at the end. Under the heading ‘Bibliography’ give a list of all the sources other than course materials that you have drawn on in your answer but not quoted directly. You will be penalized if you do not do these three things. You will also be penalized if you do not keep closely within the given word count.

Question 2 (50 marks) Background This part requires you to submit a copy of your RAD file associated with your answer to Question 2. This Question involves a design task and a report using the CSLU Toolkit as described in detail below. In designated parts of the question, marks will also be awarded for good communication skills; that is, for the structure, style, grammar, punctuation and spelling. In this module, your focus was on how humans interact with and control various forms of information technology and communication systems, and in particular, the role that speech might play in facilitating such interaction. The module has encouraged you to learn through experimentation and reflection using the CSLU Toolkit. This question provides you with an opportunity to demonstrate your understanding of each of the following: • use of speech dialogues within an HTI context; • the use of flowcharts to document a sequential process; • the conversion of a paper design to a practical application; • the review process undertaken during the course of design activities

Scenario: The development of machines that are able to sustain a conversation with a human being has long been a challenging goal. The need for a dialogue component in a system for human-machine interaction arises for several reasons. Often the user does not express his requirement with a single sentence, because that would be impractical; assistance is then expected from the system, so that the interaction may naturally flow in the course of several dialogue turns. Moreover, a dialogue manager should take care of identifying, and recovering from, speech recognition and understanding errors. An automated telephone banking information system that speaks to the customer with a combination of fixed voice menus and real time data from databases. The customer responds by pressing digits on the telephone or speaking words or short phrases. IVR systems allow customers to get information, service and help 24 hours a day. IVRs are used as a front end to call centers in order to offload as many calls as possible, rather than forward them to more costly live agents. CCS provides a wide range of financial products and services that cover a number of industries in the Arab World. Voice response solutions can improve the speed, accuracy and reliability of service to customers. giving customers easy access to banking, real estate and commercial services over the phone. The solution enabled CCS to increase their customer satisfaction rates, improve the service's quality and enhance overall operational efficiency. CCS Technology group, has just announced the launch of their new project. CCS's call center had to deal with increasingly high volumes of incoming calls, a large number of abandoned calls and many frustrated customers. CCS needed to quickly improve its customer service, reduce the duration of calls and queries, and automate as many parts of the support process as possible. The solution offer voice recognition call center by connect the customer to his/her required service such as “A/C Information”, “Transaction Services” and “Live Agent” to a central embedded computer system in order to be commanded via speech. This system is called “Welcome Banking” (WB). The system will provide the customer to execute the required service through the embedded system. WB uses Speech Recognition Technology to allow customers to access their banking services and information by speaking their requests, which ensures security, saves time, and increases customer satisfaction. CCS customers could now easily and quickly access their bank accounts over the phone, pay their bills, transfer money, order new services and much more without having to go through the labyrinth and frustration of traditional touch-tone menu systems or even speak to a live agent. The system can control each device as follows: • “A/C Information” can respond to two commands: “Balance information” and “Transaction History”. In each of these options SMS message will be sent to customer mobile phone. • “Transaction Services” can respond to four commands: “Fund Transfer”, “Stop Payment”, “Credit Card and Loan Payment” and “Utility Bill Payment”. For “Fund Transfer” A/C details will be required. For “Stop Payment” cheque details will be required. For “Credit Card and Loan Payment” and “Utility Bill Payment” type of payment and amount will be required. • “Live Agent” will transfer to live agent. Imagine that you are part of this CCS initiative, and you have been given the task of designing and developing a simulation of a suitable voice recognition system using the CSLU Toolkit. Your task in this assignment is to construct a speech dialogue application that will provide the user interface to the main application programs in the CCS. At present the project roadmap is very general, we will assume that the system receive commands from the microphone, sends commands to a specific system while producing synthesized texts and displaying a corresponding message. This particular CCS has a straightforward operating mode with a voice recognition interface and will provide the following functions: • Wait until you have received a command from any microphone. • Identify the origin of the message (is it for “A/C Information”, “Transaction Services” or “Live Agent”). • If you need further information such as “mobile number”, “A/C number” or “Amount”, ask the customer to provide you with that information. • Issue commands to the corresponding system and inform the customer of what you have done via synthesized voice and display information. • Be able to manage any predictable errors made by the user. You have been allocated the following tasks: • Preliminary design of the overall system. • Development of a simulated interface, using the RAD application of the CSLU • An evaluation of the potential of this approach.

Tasks a) Draw an annotated flow chart representing the process for programming and designing the CCS. Your flowchart must indicate the various elements of the user interface speech, display and show how user errors will be handled. [15 marks] b) Create a working RAD simulation for the CCS. Your ‘RAD’ file (which is the file format produced by the CSLU toolkit) must be submitted with this assignment in order for your tutor to run your CCS simulation. [25 marks] c) Prepare a written evaluation for CCS to go with the simulation that describes: • your design, including decisions and assumptions you have made in reaching your design, • your experience of building and testing the RAD simulation, • Your assessment of the viability of such a speech interface and any issues the team will need to consider if the prototype is put into development. Your account should be between 700 – 850 words long. At the end of your answer state the total number of words you have written for part (c). Your word count should include any headings, subheadings and tables you have used but may exclude figure captions. You will be penalized if you do not supply a word count and if you do not keep within the given limits. [15 marks]

Question 3 (15 marks) Question 1 indicated that you should use the internet to update your knowledge about some or all of the technologies in order to write the report. You will no doubt have done this.

Write a brief account of your search strategy that • Indicates your successes and problems in the use of search engine(s) to find relevant information, and how you overcame the problems.(provide examples) • Indicates how you decided which sites were useful and reliable.(explain & give examples) • Discuss your experience with some popular search engines such as AltaVista, Google, and Yahoo in terms of speed of response, quality of search results returned etc. Your account should enable your tutor to assess your web-searching skills. It should be some 200–300 words long, but there is no penalty associated with writing more (or less) than this.

• 11 years ago

please i want help

• 11 years ago

Tasks a) Draw an annotated flow chart representing the process for programming and designing the CCS. Your flowchart must indicate the various elements of the user interface speech, display and show how user errors will be handled. [15 marks] b) Create a working RAD simulation for the CCS. Your ‘RAD’ file (which is the file format produced by the CSLU toolkit) must be submitted with this assignment in order for your tutor to run your CCS simulation. [25 marks] c) Prepare a written evaluation for CCS to go with the simulation that describes: • your design, including decisions and assumptions you have made in reaching your design, • your experience of building and testing the RAD simulation, • Your assessment of the viability of such a speech interface and any issues the team will need to consider if the prototype is put into development. Your account should be between 700 – 850 words long. At the end of your answer state the total number of words you have written for part (c). Your word count should include any headings, subheadings and tables you have used but may exclude figure captions. You will be penalized if you do not supply a word count and if you do not keep within the given limits. [15 marks]

please i need solution for this question

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“You can stand on the shoulders of giants OR a big enough pile of dwarfs, works either way.”