sql server dns problem

sql server Nepal
  • 12 years ago
    hi all, I have installed sql server 2000 personal on a pc running Windows XP service pack 2. I have set authentication to sql server and windows. When I created a system dsn on the same machine it's working fine. But when I try to create a dsn from another machine on the same network, its giving error like "connection faile , error 10061, sql server does not exit or access denied." I have truned off firewall on the server machine. How can I get rid of this prbolem? Please help me Thank you
  • 12 years ago

Have you given access to your machine to the person / entity trying to connect to the sql server instance on your loacl machine?

I've generally found these issues to be wrapped around "security" on the local machine.

Joe 

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Walking on water and developing software from a specification are easy if both are frozen.” - Edward V Berard