Which is harder to learn Java or C++ ?

java , javascript Madrid, Spain
  • 8 years ago
    I would rate myself as a beginner/intermediate VB.NET programmer - very good at scripting with VBScript. So I haven't really touched on either Java or C++ or any "real" programming since I personally consider VB.NET cheating as you're really just drawing and filling in the gaps with code you can search for online!!!! Could someone recommend to me one or the other ? my destination platform would be both Linux and Windows.
  • 8 years ago

Hi,
             As far as object orientated programming goes, the fundamentals are very similar. I learned c++ first, and found it harder to learn that java. But that could have been because it was my first language.

What I am certain of though, is that java is much more sought after now than C++. So it may be more beneficial for you to learn that first to become a  java script programmers.

As far as compilers go, for just starting off in object orientated programming, then you might want to go for a compiler called "bluej". It's a very simple GUI interface, to get you used to classes.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” - Antoine de Saint Exupéry