encoding and decoding in eVB

private sub picturebox1_mousedownbutton as integer , shift as integer , x as double , y as double San Bernardino, United States
  • 12 years ago
    I have a small program for tracking package inventory for my business. In my program I have a signature area (just an simple input, nothing to be verified). I am using a picturebox for the signature capture area and have the code which displays the signature at the time someone signs. The next step is to encode the data into a string to be stored in my database then decode it for display when needed. I am using eVB 3.0 and ADOCE. The pocketpc is a Symbol PPT2700. I'm not an expert but have some skill, Is there anyone still writing in eVB?. Thanks John
  • 12 years ago
    the '.image' value of a picturebox is actually a long integer value that when passed as an 'image pice of data' returns the original picture... you could store that in your DB and query for that upon recalling the picture... cheers.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes.” - E. W. Dijkstra