VB6 compatability from XP to Vista

vb6 , xp , vista London, United Kingdom
  • 12 years ago
    I have developed a VB6 application that uses Access database to store and access data. My programs were developed using VB6 Enterprise on a XP machine and packaged using the Package wizard. The package works fine on other XP machines. The package did not work on a Vista machine when my friend loaded on his machine, he got a runtime error 75 message ie file not found. The files are all there. I looked at microsoft support web site and discovered there are some compatibility issue between XP and Vista. They list files issues into categories. According to their categories I have list the files that get distributed by my package into those categories that could be causing the problems: Unsupported, But Supported and Compatible Updates or Upgrades are Available for Vista =================================== DAO350.DLL DBLIST32.OCX mdac_typ.exe MSJET35.DLL MSJINT35.DLL MSJTER35.DLL MSRD2X35.DLL MSREPL35.DLL Unsupported Runtime Files for Vista ============================ RDOCURS.DLL These file were not listed in their categories ================================== msado25 table file STDOLE2 table file Project1.DDF VB5DB.DLL VB6STKIT.DLL vbajet32.dll I have got a clue what to do to overcome the compatibility issue, please help me !
  • 12 years ago
    Use Inno Setup Compiler to do the package deployment for you. It is freeware and works great.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“There are only two kinds of languages: the ones people complain about and the ones nobody uses” - Bjarne Stroustrup