Capture a Screen Shot

vb.net , .net
This is a comment thread discussing Capture a Screen Shot
  • 8 years ago
    Man, thank you!! I searched 8 hours for a working code. Your code has earned at once! Many thanks to you! gl, man! I will be in United Kingdom - from me the present Russian vodka.:-)
  • 8 years ago

I'd like to congratulate you for the clean code you provided.

I am curious about whether you have seen / can solve an interesting problem I've run into: using the class you provided in a windows forms applicatin, I have implemented a test routine using a timer. This routine saved the screenshot of the screen every 10 seconds and saving it with a randomized / time oriented name. After testing locally and making sure the code worked fine, I have uploaded it to a remote computer and ran it. Worked fine at first, but leaving the application running and closing the remote connection lead into black screenshots.

Actually I have been developing another application that spiders some urls and gathers their screenshots and sends them to some people. It all worked well until deployment. After deployment I realized the problem I tried to explain above.

Is there a way any stand alone .net application can take non-black / non-blank screenshots without the need for an active/logged on user?

Thanks.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“There are 10 types of people in the world, those who can read binary, and those who can't.”