noobie with array question

dreamweaver , coffee cup , javascript Sheffield, United Kingdom
  • 6 years ago
    Hi there, New to javascript, and looking for simple array solution. I have an array containing the first three letters of a UK postcode i.e **i = new Array ('NG1','NG2','NG3','NG4','NG5','NG6','NG7','NG8','NG9')** i also have a variable which ultimately will have the first three letters of a postcode collected from a text box on my form. What i am trying to do is test the variable against the array to see if that variable is present and then write a message to the screen quoting a price I know this might be pretty basic, but like i said i am new to this Any help greatly appreciatted.

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out how to use my telephone” - Bjarne Stroustrup