Using Sessions on aspx pages

sessionwhatever , session , httpcontext.current.session.itemwhatever Ottawa, Canada
  • 11 years ago
    Hi All, I am using specific sessions calls in my *.aspx pages and i have 2 questions related to this: 1-Is there a difference between using this type of session declaration in your aspx page?: HttpContext.Current.Session.Item("Whatever") VS Session("Whatever") Would this give the same information for a specific user? 2-Is using Session really User Specific data? I know you can share information using cache but is there possibilities that we have 2 different users (different browsers) that would share information threw sessions. Keep in mind that i am using SQLStateServer for my sessions Thanks
  • 11 years ago
    Hi All, I am using specific sessions calls in my *.aspx pages and i have 2 questions related to this: 1-Is there a difference between using this type of session declaration in your aspx page?: HttpContext.Current.Session.Item("Whatever") VS Session("Whatever") Would this give the same information for a specific user? 2-Is using Session really User Specific data? I know you can share information using cache but is there possibilities that we have 2 different users (different browsers) that would share information threw sessions. Keep in mind that i am using SQLStateServer for my sessions Thanks
  • 11 years ago

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Brevity is the soul of wit” - Shakespeare