With LINQ, you can query data -- no matter what the source -- directly from Microsoft Visual Basic or C#. Guided by two data-access experts who've worked in depth with LINQ and the Microsoft development teams, you'll learn how Microsoft .NET Framework 4 implements LINQ, and how to exploit it. Study and adapt the book's examples, complete with code samples -- and deliver your own solutions faster and with leaner code.
- Query data from databases, object collections, XML, and more with LINQ
- Explore how LINQ works with Windows Communication Foundation, Windows Presentation Foundation, Microsoft Silverlight, Microsoft SharePoint, and ASP.NET
- Review best practices for data-enabled Web applications, Rich Internet Applications, and service development
- Query relational databases with LINQ to SQL or with Entity Framework to manage data, tables, views, and stored procedures
- Read, write, and manage XML content more efficiently with LINQ to XML
- Extend LINQ by creating custom operators and providers