Visual studio designer event problem

visual studio , designer , developer København, Denmark
  • 10 years ago

Hi there

I have a small issue that I'm sure others have experienced - but haven't yet found a solution / workaround for this.

When adding controls to Visual Studio in designer you normally get a event button (the yellow flash light) in the properties window.

But when you nest a button inside a placeholder (for example) you cannot mark the button from the designer - only the placeholder! When trying to go into "split-view" on the designer you'll be able to mark the button in the bottom of the designer - but only properties and not the event button appers in the properties window!

I know that you can go into codebehind and manually add the event but I thiink it is really tiresome to do so if I don't have to...

I had a small hope that VS2010 the issue would be gone but sadly it isn't...

Anyone ever found a solution for this one?

Kind regards Thomas

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Before software should be reusable, it should be usable.” - Ralph Johnson