code review and design questions asked during interview

code review , C , Cpp , design London, United Kingdom
  • 9 years ago

Hello Guys, Hope you are well. I am a C/C++ cross platform developer, working on Windows/Linux and Mac OSX for last three years. As I am not happy with my current job so I am looking to switch to new Job(reason being for better salary and because there is very little learning in my current job).

I have already given couple of final stage interviews where I have been asked some C/C++ code review questions related to multi threading,string manipulations, pointers etc.

I did well on those tests(probably answered 70% correctly) but not well enough to be offered job.

I was wondering if anyone can point me towards a book/discussion forums that addresses these two interview preparation stages,

• C/C++ code review test
    • A design problem given at interview which I have to suggest solution to( this could be collection of common design questions asked during interview or list build up based on people's experience during interviews).

I know there is no hard and fast rule or book which you can read and pass the interview. The best way is to experience more and more programming/development/design implementation but any data/book where people have shared their experience will be helpful.

Regards,

Darren

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“An idiot with a computer is a faster, better idiot” - Rich Julius