How to receive data in web server sending from GPRS modem

• 13 years ago

I am sending data to my server (MyServer.com) from microcontroller device using socket connection, I want to receive data using Socket and store in access database, when i upload my page with winsock and browse it give an activeX error.

• 13 years ago

Hi Kaif,

I am ece student doing my final year project. My application is to send a string from a microcontroller to web server via GPRS connection. Kindly support me in this regards.

Thanks in advance, Sivashankar

• 13 years ago

Hi Sivashankar,

I am ready to support you. I have completed this project for my company where i work as project manager. so send me your project detail which modem and controller  u r using

Kaif Ansari

• 13 years ago

I will explain you my exact requirement.

Project title: Web based Machine Monitoring.

1. We have 12 types of motors in our lab.

2. Line voltage and the Load current is measured by the PIC 18f4520 controller using the CT and PT. SIM300 SIMCOM GSM/GPRS MODEM

3. I need to send all the machine information via  GPRS connectivity to a web server.

This is my requirement.

Thanks in Advance,

Sivashankar.MS

• 13 years ago

hello

for this tx & rx data serially from rs232 and communicate with pc then u can connect ur data to any network

www.ludhianaprojects.com

• 12 years ago

Hi

Will you help me too because i have to send and receive txt file through GPRS. i really need to know how to do it because this is my final year project.

Hope you check your messages regularly. we dont have much time

Regards, 

Samreen Wasi

• 12 years ago

Hi, i'm working on connecting a modem to a distant server and communicate throw GPRS. If any one can help me, this will be very helpfull. Thanks

• 12 years ago

Hi,

I recently develope a gprs based energy data logger, using atmel mega128 and sim300 modem and a application server running winsock listen mode in vb6. it is working well. if this  help u then i can send u the complete code with hardware detail.

Thanks 

Kaif Ansari

kaifansari(at)gmail.com

• 12 years ago

Yes i yhink this would be very helpful for me, this is my address [email protected]

thank you in advance

• 12 years ago

Dear Kaif Ansari,

I also require the same to complete my final yr project.Can you please send me the entire details of this project to my email: ms.sivashankar(at)gmail.com

• 12 years ago
    Hi, iam working on a project that i will send a data to a server with an IP address and to check whether my data is received on the server or not. i think ur project "gprs based energy data logger" will helps me a lot . Will you please forward the file to me this mail **[email protected]**. And i also need help from others. thanks & regards Harish G
  • 12 years ago
    hi guys I also require the same to complete my master project. Can you please send me the entire details of the project " receive data in web server sending from GPRS modem" after that i must to add an aplication which send data from server to gprs modem. to my email: [email protected] thank u guys
  • 12 years ago
    Hie I need the same code cause I also need to recieve data on my web server using a Gprs modem. This project is my senior design project, so would be thankfull if one of you could email the code to me ...My email id is [email protected]
  • 12 years ago
    HI Dear sir i am also working on gprs please help me how interface microcontroller through GPRS rajeev
  • 12 years ago
    hello sir i am working on a GPRS based project. i have a controlloer which communicates with the GPRS modem and sends data. i wanted to send data to a website. i can do this using FTP as the modem supports direct FTP commands but i am not sure how the data will be received by the website. what all is necessary for the connection to be sucessfull. please advice asap. Anuj
  • 12 years ago
    Read your msg at developers fusion...The GPRS modem sends the msg to an ip address and a port number....so this is wht u need ...u need a socket at the recievers end...this could be done using java or c++ or visual basic...this socket will lisn to ur msggg....if u need the code fer a socketttt....ask mee and i ll mail it to u.... best regards
  • 12 years ago
    yupp kaiff, pls leme knwww abt interfacing the microcontroller with the GPRS modemmm thnxx id:[email protected]
  • 11 years ago
    Hi Thanks in advance I want help regarding this i have to send and receive txt file through GPRS(either from wave com or sim com). i really need to know how to do it because this is one among my final project.
  • 11 years ago
    My Email Id is bprakash05(at)gmail.com
  • 11 years ago
    Dear NehaPhulwani, Can you send me receiver code (server side socket) for my analysis? Thank you. [email protected]
  • 11 years ago
    hello, i am doing gprs polling system. i transmitter PIC micro controller using sim300 GSM modem transmit the data. i need receiver side counter values of the data in website........ any guide me to develop a web page......... my mail ID : ** [email protected]**
  • 11 years ago

I am able to connect to GPRS using SIM300 only with PC ; I want to establish connectivity using at commands and then transmit / receive data.

I ll be connecting a microcontroller(8051 based) to GPRS modem and then transmit the data aquired.
        Similarly on the other end I need to receive data through a GPRS modem connect to a apllication
        (I am familiar using VB6).

I would kindly request you to help me in tranmission and reception of data using gprs.

Thanking you, D.Gopi Krishna [email protected]

• 11 years ago

Hello Dear Mr/Ms Kaif

I am the final year computer engineering student . I am supposed to submit a senior project. I need your help regarding GPRS .

My project is digital electricity meter that sends the membership number and meter number to the ministry of electricity.

Please help me for designing the sender and receiver of this project and any idea to send data kilometers away.

Please send me to this Email: [email protected]

Thanks Sincerely

Project Member

Zainab

• 11 years ago

Hello

I am the final year computer engineering student . I am supposed to submit a senior project. I need your help regarding GPRS .

My project is digital electricity meter that sends the membership number and meter number to the ministry of electricity.

Please help me for designing the sender and receiver of this project and any idea to send data kilometers away.

Thanks

Project Member

Zainab

• 11 years ago

Hello

Thanks

Project Member

Zainab

• 11 years ago

hi my project this semester is to send text to web server using gprs..kindly help me in this regard..

Bhatta

• 11 years ago

Hello,

I am trying to obtain coding to allow me to send a text file from a GPRS mobile to a server connected to the internet? The above discussion sounds as though this has been acheived. Could someone send me the coding to

[email protected]

• 11 years ago

Hi, Could you send details to my mail id [email protected] please ?

• 11 years ago

hi kaiff, pls let me know abt interfacing the microcontroller with the GPRS modem i need to send the data using GPRS enabled GSM modem(TCP/IP enabled) and read that data in my server.. I need to read the data in server side and update the data in text file or database

thanks in advance id:[email protected]

• 11 years ago

i am using SIM300 GSM/GPRS modem , i want communicate from one modem to other of same . is it possible to dial the number and initiate a raw data transffer without having static ip from service provider . Is there any way to set a static IP to sim300 modem .

• 11 years ago

Hello, i have to develop a device in which i have to send and receive information to a web page using a GSM/GPRS module, but i don't know too much about this technology. I don't know how i must send the GPRS data to the server and how to take that information from the server. What kind of server should I choose?

If i'm not wrong, first I need the APN data from the SIM provider to be able to send the GPRS data, but if i do it, where are the data been sent, to the company's server?

I'm confuse...anyone could help me?

• 10 years ago

Hello people I am in need of program or coding that is a Server is connecting to number of clients and each client is needed to respond on server request and confirm it working.

My idea is:

I am using GPRS modem with sim card on this plan. To recognize individual client that is GPRS modem should sent MAC address of the client to server page constantly when it is ON. Or Default notepad stored in the client system with individual pin or code should be sent to server page when it ON and it should sent it for every hour.

These information need to be send to server to recognize client.

I am very much happy to welcome new idea

Please help me out to solve this issue

Regards, Wildfyr.

• 10 years ago

Hi Dear for my project i want to send some data with length of 100 char every 5 second to remote server by SIM300 GPRS, I can do it by normal data mode like this:

AT+CDNSORIP=1^crlf at+cipstart="TCP","www.google.com","80"^crlf at+cipsend^crlf

get /index.html HTTP/1.1^crlf Host:www.google.com^crlf ^crlf ^ctrl+z

and a server side program is like this:

HTML>

FooBar <%@ LANGUAGE=VBSCRIPT %> <% Dim datastring, fileSystem, filepath, file datastring = Request.QueryString("Data") if datastring <> "" then Set fileSystem = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") filepath = Server.MapPath("LogData.txt") Set file = fileSystem.OpenTextFile(filepath, 8, True) file.WriteLine (datastring & vbCrLf) file.Close Set file = Nothing Set file_System = Nothing response.write("OK") else response.write("No Data") end if %>
  • 10 years ago

Hi Dear

For my project i want to send some data with length of 100 char every 5 second to remote server by SIM300 GPRS, I can do it by normal data mode like this:

AT+CDNSORIP=1^crlf
    at+cipstart="TCP","www.gpstracking.somee.com","80"^crlf
    at+cipsend^crlf
    >GET http://www.gpstracking.somee.com/default.asp?Data=120,76000,3235.12,3254.231^crlf
    Connection: Keep-Alive^crlf
    ^crlf
    ctrl+z

and a server side program is like this:

<%@ LANGUAGE=VBSCRIPT %>
    <% 
       Dim data_string, file_System, file_path, file
       data_string = Request.QueryString("Data")
       if data_string <> "" then
          Set file_System = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
          file_path = Server.MapPath("LogData.txt")
          Set file = file_System.OpenTextFile(file_path, 8, True)         
          file.WriteLine (data_string & vbCrLf)
          file.Close
          Set file = Nothing
          Set file_System = Nothing
          response.write("OK")
       else
           response.write("No Data")
       end if
    %>

Server side program get data from Moudle and save it on Logdata.txt in server Side.

The AT command send to SIM300CZ Module by hyper terminal or AVR ATMEGA32 but i have some problem.

1- some times data send properly, some times it have error, after any sends server close connection and i must use at+cipstart and at+cipsend command. some times it takes 4-5 second, some time have error in connecting so my transfer isn't so reliable , I want to use send by Transparent mode but after connect it doesn't work and it response error something like that "Bad error request" so please help me i am in true way for sending continues data with this method or anyone have better Idea, one of my big problem in writing a good and reliable program for atmega32 to interface with sim300 in interactive format with sim300 at command response regarding the error code or ok status.

2-I use www.some.com for free hosting to test my asp server side program and i want to know how do write any other program for example with VB6 to run in free server host in special port and get my data. for this i need a real IP or i can upload this program in a free host.

My E-mails : [email protected] and [email protected]

Please send your sample code to me too. or upload here and reply to my question.

Regards

• 10 years ago

Dear Kaif Ansari,

I also require the gprs project code to complete my final year projectfor sending data from gprs modem to website server. Please send me the entire details of this project to my email: sumitecins(at)gmail.com

Best Regards

Sumit

• 9 years ago

Hi,

I'm looking for a solution to transfer files from pendrive/sdcard to a web server using CDMA/GSM Modem + Microcontroller having usb interface to read pendrive/sdcard data.

Can anyone help me suggesting the type of Microcontroller and CDMA/GSM module to be used to achieve this functionality? Can this be done by using a microcontroller attached to a mobile phone (which one) or USB Internet stick?

Kindly help me suggesting some viable options.

Best Regards, Akshay a.k.a gakshay

• 9 years ago

hi Gakshay I'm also looking for the same project could you please help me if you manage to get Helped.

Thanks

• 9 years ago

I have x990 GPRS activated finger print device. I want to access this device through web server using vb.net. Please help me out. Service provider is vodafone. APN: portalnmms Username:guest Password:guest Device is GPRS activated and I have received the GPRS Info as follows: IP 10.16.172.232

Please let me know how I can read data through webserver using VB.NET Thanks in Advance

• 9 years ago

HI,

I'm looking the same solution. I have several GSM modems with serial port and i need send data from this modem do Database on my server. How i Can do this ? What i need ?

• 9 years ago

HI,

I'm looking the same solution. I have several GSM modems with serial port and i need send data from this modem do Database on my server. How i Can do this ? What i need ?

• 9 years ago

I'm looking some solution which helps me to send data from my GSM modem with serial port, send data to database on server.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The first 90% of the code accounts for the first 90% of the development time. The remaining 10% of the code accounts for the other 90% of the development time.” - Tom Cargill