Manipulating the flow of time in guest OS possible?

os , time , manupulating Brazil
  • 9 years ago

What I would like to accomplish here is to trick the guest OS, or actually certain programs running there, to believe time flows faster than it does.

Example. A program executes a snip of code, waits five seconds and then executes another snip of code. I want the program believe those five seconds have passed after, say, two seconds. Kind of speeding things up. Or slowing things down if that would make me happy some day.

I've read a little about changing the config file when running Windows XP as a host OS. Setting host.cpukHz to less than your physical CPU frequency. I thought that might work, but there seem to be no such option in VMware Fusion under OS X.

Is it possible to do this somehow? Any neat maneuver which would accomplish this? Be my hero and let me know!

I bid you all good night.

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Before software should be reusable, it should be usable.” - Ralph Johnson