help on printer API functions

delphi United States
  • 17 years ago

hey folks...anybody out there that could suggest good support, and forum (like DevFusion) sites regarding Delphi? am having a very hard time finding good sites re the language.

i've been having difficulties in using some printer api's in delphi since the declarations seem inconsistent with a few references, namely MSDN. most of the API's in the import libs are consistent with the api references but it seems that the printer API's aren't.

one example would be the function that's giving me a headache now w/c would be the DocumentProperties API.

i can retrieve all pertinent printer information given the functionby issuing a DMINPROMPT to it and get all the values in the output buffer. however, whenever i would try saving the values in the output buffer to the into the system settings and then retrieve the supposedly "saved" printer settings, the old values are retrieved thus leading me to believe that the function isn't saving the settings properly and/or i'm doing something terribly wrong. (my head hurts... )

so folks, any suggestion on sites regarding Delphi? also, if anybody would have experience in Delphi with this matter any info would be appreciated.

thanks in advance.

PS. my apologies for not posting this in the Delphi section..its just that these sections are read more often.

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” - Antoine de Saint Exupéry