Preloading a movie

flash Canada
  • 17 years ago

Thanks you for your help Rollershade,  here is something else for anybody.

1. My main page has a movie clip that loads my second page which has a second movie clip.

2. In the second page, the movie is to long so I wanted to preloaded because of an mp3 song.

3. This is what I have done now, I divided my movieclip of the second page into two scenes. The first scen has only one frame, it is an instance of a movieclip that simply says "loading...". And also that frame has an action  property that is:

ifFrameLoaded ("scene 2","end") {
       gotoAndPlay("Scene 2","start");

}

Now should this work??? What I want is the scene one will display "loading..."
    until scene two is done and after that play scene2. Now what I find it does it stills shows the screen empty and it plays the movieclip afterwards without seeing scene 1 because it is only in one frame so you don't have time to see it. I don't mine not seeing my scene one as long as the animation is loaded instantly but not have the page loaded and wait there without seeing my scene1.

My question is as follows, is my scene1 one not loading because it is part of my movie so it also waits for it to be loaded? if that is the case then my solution is fairly simple. But I will not ask for it because maybe someone will tell me what did I do wrong. www.prideimage.com

You can view the animation there. First page calls the second page. Second page should have the "loading..." scene until scene 2 is compete but you just see nothing until the movie is ready. Any suggestions or answers

Thank you in advance. I appreciate it!!

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Nine people can't make a baby in a month.” - Fred Brooks