MFC application conversion to .NET

cpp.net United States
  • 15 years ago

I want to convert my MFC application to C#.Please help me with suggestions/tools.

• 15 years ago

The first thing I'd do would be to break up the MFC application into a "user interface" component and separate "business logic" components, which should be separate COM components.  

You can then start by writing a new C# UI to call the old MFC business logic.  

When this works, I'd think about what all the "business logic" functions do and write a unit test for them in C++/MFC to make sure I understood this.

I'd then write the same unit test in C#, using something like NUnit , port the code across, and debug it so the unit test passes.  

• 15 years ago

Thanks,
    I decided to rewrite the application.
    For the UI conversion there is a tool RC Convertor from http://www.dudelabs.com but I cannot find any other tool which can convert my business logic code from C++ to C#.Will keep you posted with my progress.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Engineers are all basically high-functioning autistics who have no idea how normal people do stuff.” - Cory Doctorow