Process Migration in Windows

cpp Botswana
  • 15 years ago

Hello everybody.
    I'm working on a C program which uses Windows APIs to create a process, then pause it and read its memory. The values are stored in a file so that the process could be re-constructed and restart later using the checkpoint image. Basically a Process Checkpoint-ing system. The checkpoint image could be used to restart a process on a different workstation (Process Migration).
    My problem is, which parameters should I write to file? What about register, stacks, process context, and how do I save them?

• 14 years ago
    I hope you complete this little project of yours
    I can think of a few 1000 uses for such program!

check this forum thread out
    http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/Programming_Platforms/Win_Prog/Q_21771006.html

it might help

thanks and best of luck with it
    Jeezy

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Engineers are all basically high-functioning autistics who have no idea how normal people do stuff.” - Cory Doctorow