Wheres the Visual bit ?? (visual studio)

• 19 years ago

OOOk,, i have visual studio6 enterprise,,, which gives my Vb6 and Visual c++

Now,,,,in VB,, the Visual part is right there,, the form design,, and the ability to do all that crap..
    I appreciate that C++ is not an event driven lanuage, and does not support Ocx objects,, like for example the Vb text box object,,,

BUT,, where the hell is the visual part ??

Ive just started learning,, and to me, c++ seems a MESS !!
    i mean,, header files  AGH,, u include a header file,, and the header file includesa header file... ect

So,, how do u know what header file does what ??,,, and what command / functions it is responcible for??

I have learned many languages,,,, VB,,, ZX-Spectrum's interpteted basic,,,, AMos,, and Blitz,,,, all different,,,, some object oriented,, some event driven,,,,, u know,,,

But C++ seems to be the worst set out,,, worst strunctured,, and really,,, not thought out very well

But it is "THE" language,,,  so it must be me,,,, HELP !!!!!!
    i just dont get it...

i mean,, im ok with the syntax,,,and the structures.. eg,, for loops,,, if's and the like,,, BUT u cant actually do anything with out Header files !!!!  how do i write my own ??? How do i use them ??

so far,, all i can get working is the cout and cin  from iostream.

• 19 years ago

To get you started, try running the (MFC) App Wizard ... that will generate the basic files needed (including the 'Visual' part)

• 19 years ago

wake up!! that's problably a good start point!

• 19 years ago

i draged myself al the way here on my painfully slow internet connection for that ?? thanx :P

• 19 years ago

well, I've got a very good connection, so... I really don't care q:

but ok... VC++ has all that stuff that VB has, but in a uncommon way, I must admit, and also must admit that it ain't very good. I don't know if you've noticed, but in the project manager, you have three separators: Class View, Resources and Files... well, if you change to Resources and insert a new dialog... you have the visual part... hey, nobody ever said VC was a RAD tool!! That's why, if you really are heading to change to a visual-based c++ environment, I strongly advise you NOT to choose MSVC... but, if you try out the Borland C++ Builder, there you can get all the visual glance, at the RAD style, and the c++ language, and more... borland has their own classes, named as VCL, wich I must say, it's pretty more bug-free and reliable than dirty MFC...

this helps?? (:

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The trouble with programmers is that you can never tell what a programmer is doing until it's too late.” - Seymour Cray