Visual C++ namespace error

cpp.net United Kingdom
  • 14 years ago

Hi there

I am just getting started with Visual C++ and am having a problem trying to 'use' a namespace in my code which I hope someone can help me with. The namespace in question is included in a dll (I do not have access to the code used to create the dll). The steps I have taken so far within my C++ project are :

1.  Added the dll to the project using Add->Existing Item and then navigating to the dll location.

2. Opened the Object Browser and found the assembly for the new dll (which has the namespace I need listed below it) and clicked the 'Add to References in Selected Project...' button.

3. In Solution Explorer right click on my project and select References.. and I see the new assembly listed there.

4. Edited my .cpp file and added  a 'using namespace' command for the namespace (SBS)  in the dll/assembly as below:

#include

"stdafx.h"

#include <iostream>

#include

<string>

using

namespace std;

using

namespace SBS;

When I try to build the project I get the error :

error C2871: 'SBS' : a namespace with this name does not exist

Is there something else I need to do to get my project to recognise the 'SBS namespace ?

Thanks in advance

Rob

• 14 years ago

Hi Rob

Use #include <cstring> instead of <string>

Regards

DoctorMahdi

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it.” - Donald Knuth