Interested into getting into project management

ajax Mauritius
  • 14 years ago
    Hi;
    I have been working in IT for the last 5 years and the last year I have been working as a Team Leader/ Senior Developer in .Net. I already have my MCSD.Net.  I having been thinking of getting more in to project management . While googling I came on PMP (www.pmi.org) where they offer an interesting certification program from project management.  I would to get some advice if this would be an interesting course for some body wanting to get into project management.
    Thanks
    |)ag

• 14 years ago

Hi Scott;
    Thanks for the advice. This "Whilst I cannot imagine why a good developer would want to become a project manager" would have been my reaction too a couple of months earlier, but now I am on the market to look for a new job as Senior developer/Team Leader and 4 out of the 10 interviews I have been through in the last week have asked about "exposure to project managment principle". For me it is strange that these companies view a Team Leader position more as a management job then actually helping team members with less experience (most with out any experience in .Net) and helping the job get done. But anyway for me this is the next set of skill that I might decide to undertake as I always like to learn new things and add more strings to my bow. This year was spent on .Net2.0 /3.0, Ajax and Ruby, and the year before that it was Agile.
    Thanks for the reply anyway.
    Regards
    Shivam

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Walking on water and developing software from a specification are easy if both are frozen.” - Edward V Berard