SQL Preprocessor in C++

• 12 years ago

I have to design a dynamic database in c++, which will be later used by some applications. At the moment of the design i dont know the actual data to be stored , So i must give the opportunity to the application programmer( user of database) to define the structure/format of data and creat Tables according to relative data structure.

I came accross the SQLPP ,and believe that it may be very helpful  to complete my task, but as far as i have learnd about SQLPP  it requires  DATABASE server etc , but in my case there is no database server, data will be stored in a file..simple File I/O operations.

So my question is that CAN I USE SQLPP without  DATABASE servers ?

or if there is any other way to do this please help me. thanks a lot.

Faisal.

• 12 years ago
    You might ahve a look at SQLite. It is a simple database and does most of the things you want.

Regards,
    Roumen

• 12 years ago

Hi,

If you wanna go for SQL Preprocessor for DB2 UDB, then the best apprach is to take the .SQC files (Embedded SQLs With C/C++ Language) as a input and can write the parser to preprocess all the EXEC SQL statements from these files and finally to generate a .C/.C++ file which can be passed as a input to C/C++ compiler.

You can get samples of all lots of .sqc files when you install DB2 UDB ESE under samples.

Thanks and Regards,
    GANESH GOSAVI, IBM, Pune INDIA

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“I invented the term Object-Oriented, and I can tell you I did not have C++ in mind.” - Alan Kay