Range Validator

• 14 years ago

Hi all,

Just wondering if there something called a Range Validator or maybe something similar I could use on a text box so that the time entered is displayed in a certain format:14:55 and a message box appears or a star appears next to the box displaying the error?!

Also is there any validation so that say i want to enter a start and an end time, the end time cannot be earlier than the start time stated?! sorry to be a pain!

Please help!!

Cheers. :)

• 14 years ago

you can use RegularExpressionValidator control to validate the format in which user entered the data.

for the start and end time validation you can use customvalidator control.

• 14 years ago
    Hi Hinx,
    As Amassani said to check whether the time is entered in correct format you can use the regular expression validator and as far as the start and end time is concerned you can use either the range validator where you can provide the max and min start time and similarly max and min end time or you can use the custom validator also.

Think your issue must have been solved, but still this might help if not.

GOD BLESS
    pIrus
    I 4 INDIAN
    Dreams in our eyes,Goals are high
    Sky is not the limit,When we spread wings and fly

• 14 years ago

Hi...

Thank you both ever so much for your suggestions, they are very much appreciated. I have searced for the Expression Validator Control for use in ASP (both on the Internet and looking through various books) however my searches only returned these controls are used in ASP.NET...Im fairly new to ASP so Im not sure if I am looking in the right direction! Is this the right control used in ASP?

Sorry to be a pain in the neck again!

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The trouble with programmers is that you can never tell what a programmer is doing until it's too late.” - Seymour Cray