How to COMPILE the newest UNZIP32.dll from Info-Zip? [VC++6]

• 13 years ago

I am currently using an old version of Unzip32.dll (5.41) and I sometimes encounter odd errors where entire archives will return PK_DISK (50) which corresponds to a "disk full or sharing violation" during the unzip procedure - oddly enough this doesn't seem to be the case as sometimes it works.

Anyways - I did some research and found out that a newer version of Info-ZIps UnZip32.dll was out (5.52) so I went to SourceForge and downloaded the Source Code hoping to compile the DLL and see if the problem had been fixed and if not debug from here...

SourceForge link to the file downloaded: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=118012&package_id=128992
    And I downloaded the .ZIP as I am working in Windows...

When I extract the files to a folder (a lot of them) I get a "windll" folder (which I assume is for Windows DLL) and a "vc6" sub-folder (which I assume is to help compile the DLL using Visual Studios 6) - which is great news for me (that is what I use).

In the "vc6" folder there is a "unzip32.dsw" file that I try to open (as a workspace) but nothing actually opens...
    I just need to find a way to COMPILE the new UNZIP32.DLL (version 5.52 or anything later then 5.41) so I can try to solve my PK_DISK error somehow...

Anyone have any clue on how I can compile this project? Or better solutions/suggestions? I am all ears.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than in practice.”