Multi buffers problem

• 13 years ago

I'm currently using the code on the documenation page called MultiBuffers.java as a base for a gui i'm making in fullscreenexclusive mode, but i'm having a but of performance problems with it. On my own system it works great i get around 40-60fps, on some systems how ever i get 1fps. Most of the systems that perform good are using ATI cards and the ones that aren't doing so well are Intel or NVidia cards. I thought this relevent but don't know how to do anything about it.

I searched around and found how to enable opengl mode, and that apparently speeds up some of the slow computers but not all. increasing the number of buffers from 4 to 10 also helped some but not all.

I did form an hypothisis but it doesn't seem to hold true, i thought that maybe pcs with page flipping on need a higher amount of buffers, hence why 10 worked and pcs with only graphics accelleration don't need this and 4 would suffice. But again this doesn't seem to always be true.

Another hack we've tried is faking the fullscreen mode. basically just a resized frame to fill the screen and undecorated, which helps, but doesn't give us nearly the performance it should be giving.

So i was wondering if anyone else has any suggestions as to what we can do..

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Better train people and risk they leave – than do nothing and risk they stay.” - Anonymous