Adding a class to a MFC dialog

cpp.net Malaysia
  • 10 years ago

Hi, i am using Visual Studio 2005. The problem I have is when i select VC++ and MFC application, I am giving a name to the application as ExamSchedule. In the Sourcefiles.. I am able to see ExamScheuledoc.cpp,ExamScheduleview.cpp and ExamSchedule.cpp. I am adding few controls on to the dialog and doubleclicking on the dialog. So a new popup asking for cpp and .h file for that dialog is coming. Should I give a new class name or the browse ExamSchedule.cpp file name which is already created. Also when I am giving new .cpp and .h file, the program is not executing. Plz let me know how to proceed.

Thanks, Sai

• 10 years ago

i think you were selected multiple document or doc view application. you have to select dialog base application. in that you have applicationname.h applicationname.cpp applicationnamedlg.h applicationnamedlg.cpp files.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.” - Brian Kernighan