Running dos through vb .net

• 13 years ago

Hi, ill explain the whole circumstances of this question so you can understand completely why i need help.

Basically i am writing a basic java editor. The user writes or edits the java coding in the program. Now to make java work properly it must be compiled into a .class file. to do this you need to use the dos command "javac *.java". basicaly, i want to make a button in my application which the user can click which directly sends that command to command prompt so that it compiles without the user having to type any coding or command prompt even showing as open. I need to know how to send a messages directly to command prompt through visual basic. I know its possible because I have done it before when i made a lan chat based on the dos command "net send" but i lost the code and that was ages ago so i have forgotten. thanks in advance.

• 13 years ago
    Call Process.Start.  Pass the file name, i.e. "javac", to the first argument and the commandline arguments to the second.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“It works on my machine.” - Anonymous