Replacing XML components to use in VB.net

java , vb.net , xml India
  • 13 years ago

Hello there,

Can anyone tell me what i have to use in place of MSXML2.FreeThreadedDOMDocument30, MSXML2.IXMLDOMElement, MSXML2.IXMLDOMNodeList, MSXML2.IXMLDOMNode in the new VB.NET code. I should not be using XML's anymore. What is the equivalent code i can replace with.

Regards,
    Tabrez

• 13 years ago

Wow, that's VB6 and very old MSXML dom, you should have MSXML 4, and should be using System.Xml namespace. Not sure what you mean by 'I should not be using XML's anymore' - it's the future and pretty much everything is xml thesedays.

MSXML2.FreeThreadedDOMDocument30 is obsolete, use a TextReader/Reader

MSXML2.IXMLDOMElement = Xml.XmlElement

MSXML2.IXMLDOMNodeList = Xml.XmlNodeList

MSXML2.IXMLDOMNode  = Xml.XmlNode

• 13 years ago

Hi,

What i actually meant was that I was asked to erradicate the use of XML's and instead use Datasets for the purpose. Am very new to both VB6 and VB.NET as am from Java background. Right now things are smooth. Will get back for further help. Thanx

Tabrez

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“If debugging is the process of removing software bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in.” - Edsger Dijkstra