error 553 w/ GoDaddy email

• 12 years ago

Hello!

I'm getting the following error with GoDaddy.com, but customer support tells me I have the correct SMTP address.
    They can't help me until I've proven the error is on their side.

I've used this code on other hosts, and it works just fine.

The actual error message is:

Reporting-MTA: dns;p3swhssl009.gdhosting.gdgReceived-From-MTA: dns;p3swhssl009.gdhosting.gdgArrival-Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 14:29:57 -0700
    Final-Recipient: rfc822;[email protected]
    Action: failedStatus: 5.5.0Diagnostic-Code: smtp;553 sorry, your mail was administratively denied. (#5.7.1)

My code is (with two lines below commented out b/c that's the only way I could get the code to work) and go to my "successful" page:

Set oCdoMail = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Message")
    Set oCdoConf = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")
    sConfURL = "http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/"

with oCdoConf
    '.Fields.Item(sConfURL & "sendusing") = 2
    .Fields.Item(sConfURL & "smtpserver") = "relay-hosting.secureserver.net"
    '.Fields.Item(sConfURL & "smtpserverport") = 3535 'port 25 didn't work either
    .Fields.Update end with with oCdoMail
    .From = vartxtEmailFrom
    .To = "[email protected]"

end with

with oCdoMail
    .Subject = "Web Contact Form"
    .TextBody = Body
    end with

oCdoMail.Configuration = oCdoConf
    oCdoMail.Send
    Set oCdoConf = Nothing
    Set oCdoMail = Nothing

Any ideas are much appreciated!

Thanks!

• 12 years ago

So, here's what I got to work:

The "from" variable is hardcoded to a valid email account other than a hotmail.com account which a user hitting the web site could possibly enter. 

I initially tested the page, and used my own personal hotmail.com account in the user's email text box.  I tried it as hard coding the ".From" part of the code, but still sent the user's email in the body of the message...so, it works now.

Thanks!

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The greatest performance improvement of all is when a system goes from not-working to working.” - John Ousterhout