Which is harder to learn Java or C++ ?

java , javascript Madrid, Spain
  • 12 years ago
    I would rate myself as a beginner/intermediate VB.NET programmer - very good at scripting with VBScript. So I haven't really touched on either Java or C++ or any "real" programming since I personally consider VB.NET cheating as you're really just drawing and filling in the gaps with code you can search for online!!!! Could someone recommend to me one or the other ? my destination platform would be both Linux and Windows.
  • 12 years ago

Hi,
             As far as object orientated programming goes, the fundamentals are very similar. I learned c++ first, and found it harder to learn that java. But that could have been because it was my first language.

What I am certain of though, is that java is much more sought after now than C++. So it may be more beneficial for you to learn that first to become a  java script programmers.

As far as compilers go, for just starting off in object orientated programming, then you might want to go for a compiler called "bluej". It's a very simple GUI interface, to get you used to classes.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Java is to JavaScript what Car is to Carpet.” - Chris Heilmann