How do I write the code where excel looks at the contents of cell 3, and returns the text value in an ElseIf arguement into cell 1?

excel , vb , elseif Spokane, United States
  • 12 years ago
    Hello, I am new to VB, and need to create a custom function that will look at cell 3 and return a specific value in Cell 1. I have about 100 possible values in cell 3, and they each need to be allocated to 6 different people (to be printed in cell 1, and then sorted so that the relevant reports go to the right people). I believe that the ElseIf function is the one that I need. How do I write the code where excel looks at the contents of cell 3, and returns the text value in an ElseIf arguement into cell 1?

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“A computer is a stupid machine with the ability to do incredibly smart things, while computer programmers are smart people with the ability to do incredibly stupid things. They are, in short, a perfect match” - Bill Bryson