How to schedule an email using ASP ?

asp , email , scheduling India
  • 12 years ago
    Hi Friends, I am working on ASP and Oracle 9i. We have a requirement wherein a status report has to be emailed to a set of users every morning at 10.00 am. We would like this status report to be automatically emailed to the set of users at 10.00 am. 1. Can this be done using ASP alone ? 2. Can you suggest some solutions / work arounds for achieving this ? Thanks shyam
  • 12 years ago
    Hi, I am not sure it can without some clever sort of trickery. You shouldn't rely on threads on a website coming alive at a set point in time as the threads are destroyed after a set amount of activity. Do you have access to one of the servers that the site runs on or a machine that is on 24/7? If you do, then what you can do is use task scheduler to run a task at a set time, this task will fire a website link which can activate the site to send the mail. Hope that points you in the right direction. Si

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“A computer is a stupid machine with the ability to do incredibly smart things, while computer programmers are smart people with the ability to do incredibly stupid things. They are, in short, a perfect match” - Bill Bryson