Web Development Business Partners

partner , asp , join team , new idea Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
  • 12 years ago
    Hi Everyone My name is Daniel Hegarty and I live in the south east of England. I like to think of myself as a bit of a developer and have done loads of work for private clients in web development (Classic ASP). Anyway, my idea is that 5 or 6 of us should get together and thrash out a few ideas and see if we can build a successful website doing something. I have had a few ideas but they are to much work to take on by myself. Also, I like the idea of being part of a community that can grow their skill set together. Let me know if this sounds like a good idea to any of you. You can contact me via [email protected] or reply to this thread. Cheers Guys Dan
  • 12 years ago
    hey Dan - sounds interesting :) Any chance you can elaborate a little on some of your ideas, to maybe pique someone's interest? (obviously don't give it all away!)
  • 12 years ago
    Custom software and games development in Ukraine. www.xitexsoftware.com
  • 12 years ago
    Hi James thanks for getting back to me I have ideas everyday, admitdly some better then others. One i am thinking of at the mo is a jobs website, i know there is loads of them but this one would be different. like when monster have job of the day on the front page, well we would have the same but the way the client would get on there would be different. sounds odd i know. then i would make looking CV's much cheaper, places like jobsinkent.com charge up to one pound per CV. well if we have 2000 CV's and only charge 10p we are still going to make loads. i have also had ideas that haven't been done that much or very well before, but i cant go into that or the guy i am working on it with would go nuts. The thing i am trying to get at with all this is that it doesn't have to be an idea that i have already come to but if we had a team of 6 programmers then im sure we could come up with several ideas that combined could make us some money. Let me know what you think. Dan
  • 12 years ago
    Hi Daniel. Good thinking... I am in Colchester and here is a message I just posted for some guys in Leeds: ------------------------------------------------ Opportunity for C something coder? Hi. Sorry I'm miles away so can't drink gallons of beer with you, but your organisation seems to be something that may help me (and others) move forward with our skills. I have been a coder for some 25 years, and am a recent victim of the credit crunch. Just before becoming poorer than a church mouse I designed and installed a "machine" for the NHS that got it's blessing and other hospitals are asking for it now. There is every possibility that physio units and gyms all over W Europe would also be interested. Is there somebody in your organisation (C based) who may like to chance his arm and give up a little coding time in exchange for a legitimate chunk of the prize monies? Look forward to hearing from you. [email protected] ----------------------------------------------------- I also have 2 other (web based projects) - one for the general Insurance industry (UK and France) and the other in a niche sport sector already pre-marketed throughout the US just before Christmas. Get back to me if any of the above interests you. [email protected]
  • 12 years ago
    I have bought a new Image Rating script developped by [HotorNot ](http://www.hotornotclone.com/)Clone by Cresoft. The script is working superb in my Application but as being a non-technical person I am not able to change the colour of the menu.Can any one help me? The script is available here:- "http://www.hotornotclone.com/" Thanks,
  • 12 years ago
    Hi if you can send the code for the page i might be able to help. the link you have provided is just to the site where you baught the software and doesnt show the script. Dan

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“I invented the term Object-Oriented, and I can tell you I did not have C++ in mind.” - Alan Kay