Excel visual basic ==> Overriding Java based application form

java , visual basic , connection Budapest, Hungary
  • 12 years ago
    Dear all!! The first thing in my post is not about Java, I am just writing this so maybe you can better understand the problem: I am currently using the getobject() function in a visual basic excel macro to "override" an application which uses a simple 80 x 24 screen. I am able to move the cursor to specific location, I am able to "press keys", and read out any output from that screen. So basically, I am able to do everything with an excel macro with that application. I was wondering that is it possible to do this with a Java based application. At the company which I work for I had very hard times with inputting thousands of records into a "form" manually form an excel table. The only access we have to the "database" is the input form we access through internet. Unfortunately, it is not likely that we get a direct access for that database with writing rights also (for example SQL), because it would cost lots of money, and the company is not in a very good shape:) It is no chance for us to get any help for automatization from the company which maintaining that software. If I was able to use an excel sheet as input data, and a visual basic as a tool for accessing that java based application's input form, I could automatize a process, and save weeks of time, and lots of money. I am wondering that is it possible to make a connection between excel macro and a java based application. Please let me know if you need any other info to answer this one, and I will try to be as specific as I can be, although I cannot name the application I am using because I am still working there:) Thank you for your kind help in advance, and sorry for my poor english:)

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“To iterate is human, to recurse divine” - L. Peter Deutsch