What kind of java mforum?

• 18 years ago

What kind of java forum this is? JavaApplet?

Question:
    JavaApplet?

• 18 years ago

anything at the moment... as no-one seems to post to it, I haven't bothered seperating them out...

• 18 years ago

This is just a plain Java forum, and, yes, Java includes Java Applets (don't bother seperating these two since they are the same).  This forum was recently seperated from JavaScript which is a dramatically different language than Java.

Feel free to post your Java questions here.  

• 18 years ago

How can I make JavaApplet? Do i have to download a special compiler & editor for that or does Delphi or C++ help?

• 18 years ago

Take a look at http://www.johnsmiley.com/cis18/May2001/May2001.htm .. it will soon be published on this site

• 18 years ago

I got a problem when trying to compile the code in your "Creating Java Applets" article (the one you gave me link). I use Dev-C++ IDE and g++ compiler. What have I done wrong? Please send me your code files (and compiled files) and your compiler so I can compile it in the right way.

Compiler:

Code:

1 \server\users\gertp\C\JavaT.cpp
    syntax error before .' <br> 2 \\server\users\gert_p\C\Java_T.cpp <br> syntax error before .'

Compiler log:
    Code:

Executing  g++.exe...
    g++.exe "\server\users\gertp\C\JavaT.cpp" -o "\server\users\gertp\C\JavaT.exe"   -s  -I"C:\DevCpp\include"  -I"C:\DevCpp\include\g++-3"  -I"C:\DevCpp\include"   -L"C:\DevCpp\lib"
    Execution terminated
    \server\users\gertp\C\JavaT.cpp:1: syntax error before .' <br> \\server\users\gert_p\C\Java_T.cpp:2: syntax error before .'

• 18 years ago

I'm afraid I don't know a thing about JavaApplets, and haven't got the source code (or even a compiler).

Maybe you need a Java compiler, rather than a C++ compiler?

• 18 years ago

Java compiler? What's that, I've never heard from such animal
    If you have, can you please give me the URL?

• 18 years ago

Take a look at http://java.sun.com/ ... but I'm afraid that's the limit of my knowledge!

• 18 years ago

James is correct.  If you write Java code you need the Java JDK from Sun Microsystems.  Java and C++ are very different.  With the JDK downloaded you will be able to compile your program in minutes.  Your file should be in a .java extension and the compiler will produce a .class file that you will be able to use as an applet, provided your code is correct.

• 18 years ago

Question:
    And the link would be?...

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.” - Rich Cook