London Geek Nights: Startup Innovation

startups , python , iron python , hadoop , last.fm London, United Kingdom
This is a comment thread discussing London Geek Nights: Startup Innovation
  • 11 years ago
    Hi I am looking to get companies involved in student internships. Our students are in their 3rd year of a computer games development course in Ireland and are proficient in C++. I'd like to see your feedback on the possibility of traditional internships where the student works in the company or remotely. Remote work entails the student working on programming projects from Ireland on an unpaid basis. If you think this is a runner please post. If some companies are interested in this I will attend the event and make my pitch.

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC. As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.” - E. W. Dijkstra