Java Threads and enum

java , threads , enum , count United Kingdom
  • 9 years ago
    I am new to Java and have got stuck. I have multiple threads traveling in different directions. The various directions are set up as an enum and are North, South, East and West. All the treads start concurrently. How can I tell how many of the threads are travelling North for example. I tried using Thread.enumerate(threads); but so far this hasn't helped me. Obvious .activeCount() just gives me the total number of threads running. I need to test the number of threads running in a certain direction so that I can process the next stage. Any help you can give would be fab. Thanks
  • 9 years ago
    I am new to Java and have got stuck. I have multiple threads traveling in different directions. The various directions are set up as an enum and are North, South, East and West. All the treads start concurrently. How can I tell how many of the threads are travelling North for example. I tried using Thread.enumerate(threads); but so far this hasn't helped me. Obvious .activeCount() just gives me the total number of threads running. I need to test the number of threads running in a certain direction so that I can process the next stage. Any help you can give would be fab. Thanks

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“There are 10 types of people in the world, those who can read binary, and those who can't.”