how to create links to other pages i create.

• 18 years ago

I have finished my "homepage" and it has 5 buttons on it.("home",
    "Contact us", etc.).
    I have no idea how to create links to other pages i create.
    For example, if the user clicks on "Contact us", i wnat contact information
    to appear. So, do i create another html document that will contain contact
    information and then call that page whenever the user clicks "Contact us". Or
    do i just create another applet that contains contact information and display
    the applet in the appropriate area, whenever the user clicks "contact us".
    Hope that wasnt confusing. Bascially, I am sitting here looking at my buttons, not knowing
    what code to put under the actionPerfomed part of each button.

thanx
    trin  

• 18 years ago

ok, im guessing ure talking basic stuff, ie yes u will have to create another page with the details on, and make the picture or link like this

<font size=3 face=Arial><a href=www.jungle.com/contact.html target=_self>Click here</a></font>

sorry if this isnt what u wanted, if it is youve posted in the wrong place, java is a web programming lanaguge yes, but u probaably wanted to post under html/web design

• 18 years ago

i've posted a snippet of my code. I hope it
    will help explain what i mean.

public void actionPerformed (ActionEvent e)
       {
           String s=e.getActionCommand();
           if (s.equals("Home"))
           {
           //dont know what to put here, but i want to return to my homepage , if this button gets clicked

}
    thanx
    trin

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Debuggers don't remove bugs. They only show them in slow motion.”