In this week's episode of Coding QA, Mark and Jim sit down once again with fellow team member Clay Compton to discuss Accessibility testing. Clay's been in charge of this area for years on the ASP.NET team. Listen in as he shares his experience and discusses:
- What does "accessible" mean for software?
- How did Clay become an expert in accessibility testing?
- Why should you care about software accessibility?
- Section 508 compliance and the US government
- Accessibility testing tools
- Interesting accessibility bugs
Links from the show:
Microsoft Accessibility Portal
MSDN Accessibility Overview
W3C Web Accessibility Initiative Portal
Windows 7 Software Development Toolkit
Paciello Group Colour Contrast Analyser
PEAT (Photosensitive Epilepsy Analysis Tool)