Getting a list of selected rows in a DataGridView control in a MDI application.

csharp Madrid, Spain
  • 13 years ago

Hey All,

I have a MDI application which has many child forms at run time. When I select a menu option "Export Data", I want to do the following:

1) Getting a list of all the child forms open of Type "frmXYZ".

2) The form "frmXYZ" has a DataGridView control on it. I should be able to get a list of all the rows selected and then export it.

I need your help to construct a DataSet or a DataTable of the list of all the rows selected in the DataGridView on all the child forms of type "frmXYZ" open.

Thanks for your help in advance,

- Abhisheik. 

• 13 years ago

Hey Experts,

Can somebody please help me out with this problem?? Are you guys able to understand my problem or do you want me to elaborate on it?? Do let me know. A solution to this problem will go a long way to help me.

Thanks,

Abhisheik.

• 13 years ago

Few more questions,

Did all form contain data grid?

Do you want all once at a time to collect the selected row in grids in every form?

and it will be better if you post what you had tried.

• 13 years ago

Thanks for taking interest in helping me, but I have been able to get a solution for the same.

Cheers,

Abhisheik. 

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“XML is like violence - if it's not working for you, you're not using enough of it.”