I am using Crystal Xcelsius, I want to integrate the Web service which is created on C#.net to Xcelsius XLF file

csharp , web service , error India
  • 12 years ago
    I am using Crystal Xcelsius, I want to integrate the Web service which is created on C#.net to Xcelsius XLF file. But i am getting proper result when i have my web service and XLF file with one system. I am getting Error #2170 when web service & XLF files in different systems. Can any one the solution & Reply i will really appreciate
  • 11 years ago
    Hi haneef, Can u tell me which Xcelsius version u r using. 4.5 (or) 2008.
  • 11 years ago
    sdfsdfgfdg
  • 11 years ago
    Hi anjanica!!! I'm having a similar problem. I've created a webservice using Visual Basic .Net 2005, I'll paste the code behind: Public Function Query() As String Dim list As New List(Of String) lista.Add('USER 1') Return list(0).ToString() End Function This method returns as single value (for testing purposes) to be inserted on a single Excel's cell after the service is consumed by Xcelsius Engage 2008. I can configure the service correctly in Xcelsius Engage 2008 (browse webservice ok, insert return value to a cell ok), but when I click 'preview' the application freezes and it says that Xcelsius caused an error and it has to be closed. I suspect that the posible error is that I'm not using the correct return data type from my service to be compatible with Xcelsius. I tryed DataSet, Table, String() as return types and still no luck. Any ideas??? Thanks!!!
  • 11 years ago
    Hi, ok i got u, but before that i want to be clear with the web services once u try with other webservices like in WebserviceX.net they r providing some free webservice once try with those. hope i'll get a reply soon Anjanica
  • 11 years ago
    Edit
  • 11 years ago
    Edit
  • 11 years ago
    Edit

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Engineers are all basically high-functioning autistics who have no idea how normal people do stuff.” - Cory Doctorow