Client ip

networking United States
  • 17 years ago

Hello everyone,

There is 2 pc in my house, instead of sign up high speed twice, I just install one pc with 2 network cards (Server) and one with 1 network card (Client).

I installed Apache Web Server in the client's pc, but the client's ip is not a real ip, it's an internal ip, it's no good for people that's outside of my home network.

Do anyone know how to make the Client's IP allow people outside the network to have access to my Web server or FTP server?

I have a Web page running on the client's machine, but people outside can't visit because I don't have the real IP.

Please help,
    Thank you soooo much,

Mike

• 17 years ago

Your post was moved because it doesn't have anything to do with VB.

You will have to set up port forwarding for port 80 on the server, which will relay connection attempts to that port to the client pc.

• 17 years ago

how do I set up port forwarding.
    both pc are using win xp

• 17 years ago

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Debugging is anticipated with distaste, performed with reluctance, and bragged about forever.” - Dan Kaminsky