sql select statement to show multiple rows for a single row

sql , crystal reports , remedy Toronto, Canada
  • 10 years ago

Hello developers,

I had a quick question with regards to selecting data to show multiple rows per row if required...... For example, say the table I currently have show the following data:

Impact to Business Business Owner Name Breakdown Application John Doe Application Hardware Joe Smith Hardware Multiple John Doe 1:Hardware, 2: Application

This is how the data is stored in the datatable itself. Is there a way I can SELECT this so that I can separate the 'Multiple' one to show individual info in different rows? ideally, the table I need is:

Impact to Business Business Owner Name Breakdown Application John Doe Application Hardware Joe Smith Hardware Multiple John Doe 1:Hardware, 2: Application Hardware John Doe Hardware Application John Doe Application

Thank you very much!

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“There's no test like production” - Anon