Excel rows removal, if not bewteen two given dates.

excel , vb , dup Bombay, India
  • 6 years ago

Hi, i have a excel file named user_data.xls, in this I have a column which holds Date and time in *10/8/08 5:20:29 PM GMT * format. Now I want to keep the data between two specific dates and remove remaining all rows from excel, how can i do it through a script.

Below is the script I came up to, could someone please help on how can i proceed from here onwards...

Dim dStartDate As Date Dim dEndDate As Date 'Collect Start & End Dates dStartDate = 10/1/11 5:20:29 PM GMT dEndDate = 10/30/11 5:20:29 PM GMT 'Find Dates Between Start Date & End Date Sheet1.Activate 'Assume column C contains the dates Application.Range("C1").Select 'Look at every row in column C until it finds an empty cell. Do Until ActiveCell.Value = vbNullString 'Verify that the date is between the Start Date & End Date If ActiveCell.Value > dStartDate And ActiveCell.Value < dEndDate Then

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field” - Niels Bohr