ICS on my network

• 18 years ago

i'm using a wireless network between my PC and the PC that the rest of my family use. Both running XP pro

it's an Intel AnyPoint Wireless Home Network.....

two slight probz.

1) on my comp, when i click on outlook express send and receive, it doesn't bring up the dial up box thingy, instead it puts those red crosses by each email account, saying "your server unexpectedly terminated the connection".... presumably trying to access the net through my network, which is kinda dumb......

2) when i'm browsing the other computer's hard disk from my computer.... it's really slow. it took 15 seconds to open a subfolder last night when i timed it..... sureley it should be quicker than that? it's a 1.6Mbps network.....

3) internet connection sharing...... i've set the connection on my comp to be shared, so if i'm online, and another family member wants the internet.... then they can use it on the other PC fine. however, if they're online on their PC, i can't use the net on mine, cos their connection can't be shared AS WELL as mine, cos of using the generic IP address. is there any way i can share both connections? so that regardless of which computer connects to the net first, both can access net?

wireless networks rock. everyone should have them.

stay tuned for my upcoming IM client for home networks

(it'll be like a Messenger style Winpopup... hopefully it'll rock)

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field” - Niels Bohr