Concatination, and Ranges

• 16 years ago

Code:
    SELECT Characters.NAME, concat(Characters.Body, Dice.DICE), Forums.NAME, Guilds.NAME
    FROM Characters, Forums, Guilds, Dice
    WHERE Guilds.GC = Characters.SN AND (Characters.EXP >= Dice.EXPMin AND Characters.EXP <= Dice.EXPMax) AND Characters.FORUM = Forums.ID AND Characters.GUILD = Guilds.ID;

Red:  Seriously, how do you do this in ACCESS?

Blue:  Ok, let me describe.  I want to show the Dice.DICE value when the Characters.EXP value is >= Dice.EXPMin AND is <= Characters.EXPMax.  It doesn't work for some reason...  I checked the values in the table, they are all correct.  I also tried (Characters.EXP BETWEEN Dice.EXPMin AND Characters.EXPMax) but all it did was return random values.

And, on a side note, how do you reference Previous or Next Row Values in ACCESS?  I am thinking of the Validation Rules in Design View.

Yes, I am new to ACCESS.

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The trouble with programmers is that you can never tell what a programmer is doing until it's too late.” - Seymour Cray