Argh! preformance!!!

databases New Zealand
  • 16 years ago
    urgent help needed, i have an applicaiton that is hosted on a server and the database on another server and all of a sudded the preformance has droppen so much that its unusable.

The tech crew who host the DB & Application servers have given me lots of info but none helps, all servers are over specked and twiddling their thumbs.

i use a global conneciton object (ADO 2.5), when opening the applicaiton it reads connection info from a config file and creates a connection and tests those settings, I know for a fact they are correct and yet still get a timeout error. I you just keep trying i usually works the 2nd or 3rd time around.

if you manage to get the application working its very slow in all areas, even load a new form that has no db calls, its like the processor is maxed out or its waiting for something (and i am assured that is not the case).

has anyone come accross this before?

there is another applicaiton on the same server using the same DB server and its preforming fine and its around the same amount of data as well.

Any comments would be much appreciated.

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The greatest performance improvement of all is when a system goes from not-working to working.” - John Ousterhout